Ben Hammersley had a presentation at Les Blogs recently titled “Eight ideas that will really revolutionize the 21st century (and why blogging isn’t one of them).”
I tried to watch the video, but a combination of poor quality and Ben’s hard-on-a-Canadian’s-ear English accent made it virtually impossible. (To say nothing of the pain, the pain I say, of trying to watch Windows Media files.)
Fortunately, a Dutch blogger has posted some of the main ideas. With apologies to my ancestors, I can’t read Dutch, but here’s the key bit in English.
Looks like 8 dichotomies or continuums of ideas:
– information wants to be free —- copyright
– zero distance — borders
– mass amateurisation — censorship
– more much more — network blocking
– true names — identity cards and databases
– viral behaviour — more network blocking
– everything is personal — everything is trackable
– ubiquitous computing — no privacy
Sounds very cool – I still want a complete transcript. Someone – anyone?
. . .
. . .
I’ve downloaded the MP3 audio – hopefully it’s better than the video.[tags] ben hammersley, les blogs, ideas, revolution, blogging, john koetsier [/tags]