No Other Gods
Get No Other Gods at Amazon.
See below for reviews and also more information on why David Brin — author of The Postman (remember the Kevin Costner movie?) and winner of the Hugo, Locus, Campbell, and Nebula awards (!!!) — actually edited this book personally.
Praise for No Other Gods
- “Non-stop action! An eternal champion battles his way across centuries, gradually learning to ask the question: Why?”
- David Brin, best-selling science fiction author
- “John is an amazing new talent to watch out for!”
- Matthew Mather, author of Atopia Chronicles and CyberStorm
- “Battle descriptions are awesome and the action was pure adrenaline injected into my brain!”
- Alexandre Rocha Lima e Marcondes, Geeks with Blogs
- “From the first few pages, I was hooked. It was literally hard for me to put it down, it was so exciting.”
- Dylan Tweney, editor of VentureBeat
- “Pulled me into the story right away … it was actually hard for me to stop!”
- Andi Gutmans, creator of the PHP programming language
- “Few writers are as much a joy to read … you won’t stop!”
- Matt Marshall, editor-in-chief of VentureBeat
Genesis of the book
I have always loved science fiction. Asimov, Heinlein, Jack Vance, Arthur C. Clarke, Frank Herbert … I grew up with the classic greats. And I always wanted to write my own novel.
So, around 2010, I did.
30 minutes at a time.
I’d get up early and devote the first 30 minutes of my working time to writing. I still had a day job — still do — and had to bring home the bacon, so this was how I made it my first priority. Paying myself first, in a sense.
And then I connected with David Brin … amazing author of so many classics. The Postman, Uplift War, and so many others. And he offered to read — and edit — my book! (Get the full story of that experience in this post.) I was amazed and giddy and grateful, and David gave me smart suggestions which I implemented.
And now it’s ready for you 🙂