It’s 9:43 on Saturday morning and I’m at WordCamp Whistler right now. Tons of cool people here, and I want to be able to remember and connect with them, so here goes:
- Fran Chelico
Nice Moo cards!
- Caroline MacGillivray of beautynight
Founder of a charity doing makeovers for abused/neglected women
- Karen Hamilton, of tinybites
Very tiny, and very dynamic!
- Morten Rand-Hendrikson of Pink & Yellow
Morten does production for TSN’s Sportsnet as well as freelance web development. He’s also speaking today, and is married to …
- Angela Chih of Dabbler.ca
Married to Morten, and a producer for CBC.ca, and an online videographer.
- Jeremy Latham, of Latham Communications
Free-lance web development
- Kenya, a Master’s student from Brazil … WITH NO WEBSITE! Ghastly.
- Lorelle VanFossen is speaking now
- Rebecca Bollwit, better known as Miss 604
Rebecca is live-blogging the wordcamp here. For those who are not from Vancouver … 604 is our local telephone area code.
- Kathy at MommyMotivation.me and DesperatelySeekingWordpress
- Dale Mugford of BraveNewCode
- Martin Wong and Saleh of SmartNet
An Alberta and BC ISP
- Andrew Smith, of SOMENICE
A freelance developer who lives here in Whistler – lucky guy!
- John Biehler of JohnBiehler.com
- Kris Krug
Photographer, blogger, designer, developer.
I had to cut this post short … I got very sick partly through the day and had to leave WCW09 just after noon. That was a real disappointment, as I had been enjoying the day immensely, but hey … what can you do?
I had to drive home from Whistler (3 hours) and stopped twice for not-quite-rest breaks. Not fun at all!
If there’s anyone else who was there and wants to be on this list, just add a comment and I’ll add you to the body of the post.
Want weekly updates? Of course you do …