Cybersecurity attacks were up 50% in 2021, according to a report from Check Point Research. That makes perfect sense, because Covid work-from-home policies that vastly expand threat envelopes and and rampant rentable or purchasable hack kits are making attacks much easier and more widespread than ever before.
I recently wrote a report for my client Open Systems, using some of their data and insights about not only what’s going on, but how to defend from it.
A key problem: companies have way too few cybersecurity tools that don’t play well together, and far too little cybersecurity talent that is watching the shop 24/7.
In the report I detail:
- How fast real-world problems are growing
- Why attack surface area is spiking
- Why everything is now cloud (even on-prem)
- Why tools aren’t the answer by themselves
- How the most successful organizations are now protecting themselves