Ever counted the number of clicks it takes to upload a pic or a clip to Facebook? Way too many!
Here’s how to make it much better:
It’s between 6 and 8 clicks, depending on how you go about it, and here’s the process:
- Click “Photo” in the Share bar
- Read the options, decide I’m uploading, and click “Upload a Photo”
- Click “Choose File”
- Hunt for my file in the file dialog that appears
- Click my file, and then click “Choose” (or doubleclick the image file)
- Click in the text area to add a note about the pic
- Click “Share” (assuming I’m not changing any privacy preferences)
That’s a LOT of clicks when 2 decades of computing has taught us to drag and drop files when we want to move them from one place to another.
So, Facebook: put a couple of smart engineers on it and lets see what you can do!
Whoa. Just tried to upload photos in Google+ and guess what … drag and drop is here:
Before the drag:
After the drop:
Immediately obvious features:
- Drag & drop (duh)
- Individual image upload progress reporting
- Live image updating as images are uploaded
Very, very slick.
Want weekly updates? Of course you do …