After weeks of pain, agony, and fruitless searches, I finally managed to buy a Wii.
Three weeks ago, actually – I didn’t want to post about it until I had some time to evaluate it – and it’s been great. Although I’ve bought another game (Excite Truck) I’m the only one playing it much so far … the kids (and friends/guests) are all playing the sports games.
The best things about the Wii:
- It’s social … we play together as a family
- It’s physical … we get at least some exercise doing it (and boxing is very strenuous)
- It’s fun …
- It’s an ice-breaker: friends we have over always enjoy some of the games, and the Wii is still enough of a novelty and hard enough to get that no-one we know has one
- It’s very easy to set up … probably the easiest piece of electronics I’ve added since my upconverting DVD player
- It looks great … fits right into our entertainment center
- It takes up very little space
- It wasn’t very expensive
The worst things about the Wii:
- Sometimes, the remotes get confused and don’t phone home, so I have to reset the system
- My 7-year-old son beats me at bowling
In other words, there are lots of good things and very few bad things. Love it, would buy it again.[tags] wii, fun, family, games, console, john koetsier [/tags]
Want weekly updates? Of course you do …