Kevin Grandia is hosting a new media round table in Vancouver today ….
I’m taking few notes here …
- Kevin Grandia – DeSmogBlog
- Jesse – CBC Technology Columnist
- Raul Pacheco
- Kris Krug – Raincity Studios
- Stephen Hui
- Richard Littlemore
- Evan Lisen – Catalyst Network
- Gillian Shaw – Vancouver Sun
- Karen – Hoggan & Associates
- Lisa Johnson – CBC News, Vancouver
- Nikolay – PressDisplay.com
Questions that are coming up:
- Can social media do certain kinds of stories – like gang violence in Vancouver, like trials, etc. etc.?
- Do traditional media have more protection when investigating things like gangs?
- Do traditional media have more access to documents? FOI requests?
- Are new media more vulnerable to faux legal attacks? DMCA, for instance. (I’ve been shut down, btw, as has Kris Krug.
- How do people generate credibility online? The network self-corrects …
Want weekly updates? Of course you do …