I recently re-did my blog as a hub for my online activity – home page as lifestream, blog page for my own writing, and a clipblog page for interesting things I see around the web.
The overall content is right, but the look is awful. So I’m looking for some redesign help.
I would probably do it myself – I’ve done every iteration of every blog I’ve ever done personally, including one that I rolled my own content management system – but I have literally almost no time right now. And, amazingly enough, I’m not a designer.
Here’s an overview of what I’m looking for … if you think you can help, please contact me!
- WordPress theme (can customize an existing WordPress theme)
- 2 column
- Main column at least 550 px wide
- simple and “web 2.0” looking (this covers a LOT of territory, I know)
- blue sky and cloud background (for example, Glenn Hilton’s site looks great)
- background stays stable, page scrolls over it
- Lifestream (home page)
- Blog (all categories)
- Clipblog (only Clipblog category)
Note: navigation is smart … knows what page/section it’s in and highlights that part of the nav
- Subscribe (RSS)
- Portfolio (link to johnkoetsier.com)
Home page (Lifestream)
- Lifestream … use the Lifestream WP plugin (I’ll enable all sources)
- Sidebar on right
- Personal info (I’ll edit) with photo
- tag cloud
- button links to my primary social networks
- text link ads (I’ll enable)
- same as home page, plus …
- links to archives (can be drop-down, doesn’t have to show all months)
- last 10 posts on Twitter
- same as Blog
Want weekly updates? Of course you do …