Fintech is incandescent. In the first few months of 2021, the sector attracted almost $23 billion in investment: 50% more than all of 2020. And there are now more than 26,000 fintech startups, according to iTechArt.
In my latest report for Singular, I overview the fintech top 100 apps and the most critical market trends. I also take a little tour back to the very beginning of electronic fintech: 1918 (believe it or not).
From my report:
- Out of the 100 total apps on both the Android and iOS top apps list, 78 are duplicates, meaning that 39 out of the 50 iOS apps are also top 50 apps on Android, and vice versa
- Payments is the single biggest mobile fintech category in terms of app install activity:
- iOS: 4 out of 5 of the top iOS fintech apps are payments apps
- Android: 5 out of the top 6 apps on Android are payments apps
- 65% of the companies that have top-100 fintech apps are startups: young disruptive companies
- Just 15% of the brands that have top-100 fintech apps are traditional banks