I’ve always loved reading about General George S. Patton, a passionate, brave, smart commander – who had his flaws just like the rest of us.
My favorite Patton quotes:
- Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.
- Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.
- Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.
- If I win I can’t be stopped! If I lose I shall be dead.
- Just drive down that road, until you get blown up.
Patton’s favorite saying was a French saying of Frederick the Great: “L’audace, l’audace, toujours l’audace.” En anglais … “Audacity, audacity, always audacity.”