The American Marketing Association has an upcoming webcast titled Mining the Blogosphere: It’s a Whole New World of Marketing.
The title is a little ominous … I have never viewed myself as a resource to be mined. I’m sure most other bloggers concur. However, the content appears to be fairly good:
Mining the blogosphere gives you a unique opportunity to:
- Listen to what you’ve been missing
- Act faster because you’ll be the first to understand
- Win with customers and market share
What you will learn:
- How to listen and understand the needs of customers and prospects
- How they talk about you, your products, and your competitors, in their own words
- How to tailor messages and product development to suit different customer types
- How to measure the effectiveness, momentum and engagement of your marketing initiatives/programs.
- How these lessons were used to launch one of the most successful word of mouth movements in recent memory and a great example of a company empowering a community of kindred spirits.
If you are a CMO, a brand manager, a product manager, advertising agency or marketing strategist, you won’t want to miss this informative webinar.
If you’re reading this blog, you probably don’t need to join in. It’s always interesting to see what traditional marketers are doing, however.[tags] marketing, marketing2.0, AMA, john koetsier [/tags]