I like to keep a running record of the conferences that I’ve spoken at. Here’s the list since I started keeping track, probably two years ago. Since I started this as a future-focused list … some of the old stuff is written as if it’s still about to happen 🙂
- January 16, ZDNet
Joined Tonya Hall to talk about Facebook and branding
- January 22, Nanaimo: Marketing Connect
Hosting a panel on organic reach for small businesses
- February 27, Barcelona: Marfeel client summit
I’ll be hosting a panel on programmatic advertising
- March 18, Miami: Innovation Day
I’ll be moderating a panel on retail innovation speakers from Walmart, Uber Eats, and Magic Leap
- January 2, Mobile Groove Podcast
Super-happy to join the amazing Peggy Anne Salz to talk about brands moving from tracking (adtech) to trust (smart matter/wearables/smarthome/IoT)
- January 28-39, San Francisco: Singular
RKO: speaking about comms, insights, and PR
- February 13-14, San Francisco: Mobile Growth Summit
I’ll be MC’ing day one of Mobile Growth Summit
- February 27-28, Denmark: Schunk Expert Days
I’ll be speaking about robotics and automation. Title: Insights from the future: the end of work and the next big job
- March 3-5, Slovenia: City as a Lab Summit
I’ll be moderating panels and interviewing major automotive brands on-stage about self-driving cars and other autonomous tech.
- May 13, Las Vegas: Adobe’s Magento Imagine conference
I’m moderating a session with AdWeek execs on ‘The 12 Rules Of Brand Digital Commerce.”
- June 4, Napa, California: Singular’s UNIFY conference
I’m MC’ing the conference and moderating a panel on marketing science.
- June 17-19, Chicago: Salesforce’s Connections
I’ll be hosting a fireside chat on the massive changes impacting mobility (the transportation kind) and mobility (the hold-in-your-hand kind).
- August 7-8, Vancouver: Traction Conference
I’ll be moderating two sessions at Traction again this year: one with the CTO of Red Hat, Chris Wright, and another with the president of Kabbage, Kathryn Petralia.
- September 25-27, Barcelona: 10 for 10
- October 3-4, San Francisco: BoxWorks 2019
- November 17, Bermuda: Tech Beach Retreat
Interviewed the Premier of Bermuda on-stage …
- December 4-5, Jamaica: Tech Beach Retreat
Speaking engagements in 2018:
- April 5-6, Vancouver: CIMC
A fireside chat with Microsoft Canada CMO Katia Houbiguian.
- April 23-24, Moscow: Skolkovo Robotics Forum 2018
Keynoted on “smart matter.”
- May 14-15, Edmonton: Control, by the Canadian Cloud Council
I will be interviewing Shark Tank’s Robert Herjavec on-stage as well as moderating a panel.
- May 17-19, Kingston, Jamaica: Visionaries Summit: Inclusive Capitalism
I’ll be moderating a panel and reporting on the summit.
- June 12-14, Chicago: Salesforce Connections
I will be moderating a panel on values, brands, and how values marketing is resonating with audiences and customers.
- July 19-20, Seattle: Postback
It’s the mobile event of the summer! I’ll definitely be speaking, possibly moderating, and maybe MCing … as I did the past two years.
- July 31, San Francisco: APIdays SF
We’ll be talking about identity in an API world … a very relevant topic given our collective recent focus on privacy. I’ll be moderating the conference.
- August 22, San Francisco: Transform
I’ll be on a panel about AI and advertising.
- September 26, Vancouver, LeaderLounge
I’ll be speaking on leadership lessons, marketing challenges and career development.
- October 23-24, Toronto, Achievers Customer Experience
Will be judging the competition.
- November 2, Salt Lake City, Adobe Analytics Challenge
Will be judging the competition.
- November 28, Vancouver, Prospera Leadership Forum
Will be delivering a workshop on innovation and the future.
- November 29-30, Jamaica, Tech Beach Retreat
Will be moderating an AR/VR panel and speaking on digital marketing
- December 11-12, Paris, APIdays Global
Will be MC’ing a 2000-attendee conference
Speaking engagements in 2017:
- February 27-29, San Diego: LSA17: Local Search Association
I’ll be speaking on a panel at the Local Search Association in San Diego. Topic: Who owns the last mile, and I’ll has the happy task of telling local search pros that Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, and Cortana just might be killing them.
- March 16, Los Angeles: LA Influencer Event
I’ll be moderating a discussion influencer marketing and mobile. See the livestream of the event here.
- April 19-20: App Masters
Will be sharing some very cool and very recent data on app store optimization, mobile ad fraud, and maybe even the impact of mobile on enterprise company valuations.
- May 4: Mobile Presence
Will be appearing on Peggy Anne Salz’ podcast. She’s the founder and CEO of Mobile Groove, a mobile and marketing-focused research and consulting firm.
- May 7-9, Edmonton: Substance
Will be interviewing the mayor of Edmonton, the CIO of City of Palo Alto, and the CEO of Citrix in the opening panel of the conference.
- May 10-12, San Diego: Gartner Digital Media Conference
- May 31-June 1: Traction Conference in Vancouver
Will be moderating a panel.
- July 5-7, secret location, AppLift conference
Will be speaking on the future of app marketing and doing a panel on ad fraud
- July 11, San Francisco, IOT Revolution Summit
Keynoting and MC’ing
- July 12, San Francisco, MobileBeat 2017
Moderating a panel on AI and travel
- July 19-21, Seattle: Postback 17 (use code FriendofJohn20 to get 20% off your ticket!)
MCing TUNE’s mobile event of the summer. Join me!
- August 1: Casual Connect Seattle
Participating on a panel: “Monetizing your App with Mobile’s Most Powerful Ad Format”
- September 13: App Valley (San Francisco)
MCing the event, and keynoting on “Apps in Ten: Games, Vision, Intelligence”
- September 14-15: Waterloo Innovation Summit
I blogged the event as well as interviewed Tesla CTO JB Straubel and other luminaries, such as Amber Case, Melissa Hathaway, and Kik CEO Ted Livingstone on-camera for the event organizers.
- November 6-10: Web Summit
Covered the event.
- November 30, Jamaica: TechBeach Retreat
I spoke on an AR/VR panel.
- February 7-8, San Francisco: Mobile Growth Summit
I’ll be speaking on a panel about augmented reality.
- February 13, San Francisco: Read-Write VIP dinners
I will be hosting and facilitating several VIP dinners and events for Read-Write.
- February 22, Kiev: The Elevate Conference
Will be speaking at the event on how journalists choose their stories.
In addition, conferences that I have spoken before 2017 include:
- Mobile Summit
- CMO Summit
- Local Search Association
- Mobile Marketing Association
- AdTech NY
- AdWeek NYC
- Interzone Vancouver
- Meltwater event
- Mobile Marketing Roadshow
- Grow Conference
Want weekly updates? Of course you do …