Tony Brown, the founder of Zumiez, spoke at a Salesforce Connections event that I attended over a year ago. He was amazing.
But somehow, I never managed to do a story on his talk.
Rather than let his words just die as I erase the TextEdit document I made notes in, I’m pasting them here:
Tony Brown, president at Zumiez
- We serve 14-18 year old teens who are going through the individuation process
- We are the culture-driven retail lifestyle brand serving the youth culture fashion
On digital disruption
- we don’t have channels, we don’t have stores … we just have customers
- we believe that 100% of our journeys are digital
- we don’t measure e-commerce
Four principles on customers that will always be true, no matter what technologies we use
- Customers have the power
- Customers don’t see channels
- Customers want choice
- Customers want speed
Two things Zumiez believes
- We believe that our customer will be more digital, but less web
- We believe they’re going to want everything now
On e-commerce and fulfillment
- we don’t have a fulfillment center
- we have over 700 of them … they’re called stores ….