Absolutely first rate post by Daniel Tenner on getting stuff done when no-one thinks you can.
Here are the rules:
- Calm down, smile and remain polite to maintain any chance of success
- Become a human being rather than a faceless number
- Be persistent to grind away the brick wall
- Be prepared to lose to expand your freedom of thought and action
- Be clear about your objective so you can be flexible about how to achieve it
- Find who can, since often the first person you speak to cannot help
- Take an active part in making things happen more efficiently
- Make the other person feel good about helping you so that they are more likely to help you
- Don’t relax this stance until it’s over, it’s easy to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.