(In other words: avoiding extinction due to ignoring the rise of social … and the consequent change in customer expectations.)
Solis is a big thinker, and releases books with big thoughts. And I’ve had his blog post in a browser tab for almost a week now, wanting to blog about it but not sure how. Now I know how: simplification. Or, if not simplification, at least short-ification. Because if brevity is the soul of wit, Solis may not be the funniest man on the planet.
So, here are Brian’s 10 trends, shortened:
- Social networks & key influencers
- Geolocation & social
- Crowdsourced deals
- Social commerce
- Referral & recommendation systems
- Gamification of everything
- Holistic branding & customer experience across MANY platforms & networks
- New expectations of the modern consumer
You really need to go and read the article, which is great. But I wanted to boil down the essence of why business is no longer “business as usual” in fewer words.
If I haven’t succeeded, castigate me ritually.
Want weekly updates? Of course you do …