I just finished my recent semester and can get into some serious reading. Here’s what’s been on my bookshelf lately:
- Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed, by Jared Diamond
Great book, really excellent … exploring the various factors in how societies fail. Talked about Anasazi, Norse in Greenland, Easter Island, Rwanda, and many other cultures/societies.
- Bias, by Bernard Goldberg
Interesting book on the bias in what and how established media cover the “news.”
- East of Desolation, by Jack Higgins
Fluffy but enjoyable.
- The Borman Testament, by Jack Higgins
- The Fall of Hyperion, by Dan Simmon
Overrated – bigtime. I am seriously not impressed with books that mix science fiction and fantasy …
More details later … but we’ve got to run into town to the library, mall, and grocery store as it’s snowing outside and we’re a little worried we won’t be able to drive soon.