Enjoyed moderating this event for Marfeel, a cloud-based platform that provides website and advertisement space display optimization for mobile websites.
- Moderator: John Koetsier, Senior Contributor, Forbes
- Marko Zulj, Senior Channel Partnerships Manager, Google
- Julie Alvin, SVP, Editorial Content Strategy & Development
- Marta Rocamora, Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager, Marfeel
- First: COVID-19: how are you … where are you: personally?
- Professionally … what’s the impact of Coronavirus on your business?
- What has changed in the traffic source split in the time you’ve been in your company?
- How has it changed over the past 4-8 weeks?
- Do you measure the ‘’quality’’ of users depending on the channel? If so, how?
- A recent survey from INMA found that 59% of publishers spend less on engagement than they do on acquisition — but leading publishers invest 3-10x more on engagement than acquisition.
- Thoughts on that?
- With a reliance on rich user profiles, subscriptions, and memberships have ‘single reader visits’ become a vanity or even an inversely valued metric?
- What are the ‘telltale’ metrics behind an engaged audience?
- What should someone spend on engagement/retention versus acquisition?
- Ad revenue … are you seeing COVID-19 declines? Or growth?
- DCN members have seen more than 30% growth in non-advertising revenues … how do you factor in direct, membership and subscription revenues in terms of your brand strategy?
- How can publishers encourage users that engage with one format, eg newsletters, to engage with another format, eg website?
- Gary Vaynerchuk mentioned recently that a brand should be producing 100 pieces of content every single day to increase their relevance in a saturated environment.
- How important is the weighting between content quality and content quantity to develop an engaged audience?
- What will be the biggest challenges for publishers to grow their audience in the coming months?
The panel chat should be available on-demand here …
Want weekly updates? Of course you do …