What a few months it’s been in the mobile marketing space. This space is typically fast-paced and slightly chaotic, and Apple’s de facto deprecation of the IDFA turned that dial to 11 or 12.
I’ve been working with a number of people at Singular, where I do some consulting, on a guide to marketing measurement in iOS 14. It’s more challenging that you might think.
- You can’t just do traditional IDFA (you’re probably not getting that any more)
- You can’t just do SKAdNetwork (some traffic will have IDFA)
- You still need to measure Android campaigns with Google’s ad ID
- You also need to invent a whole new way of valuing new app installs very quickly with incredibly minimal post-install events that arrive at potentially unpredictable times
- You need to build (or buy) a full infrastructure for getting all your install and post-install postbacks
- And you still need to have all your data in a single place somewhere for your source of marketing truth
Yeah … not easy. Not simple, and not effortless.
But: doable. With help.
Thankfully, with the assistance of many smart people, we put together a “Complete Guide to Marketing Measurement in iOS 14.” Calling it “complete” is probably a stretch (ok, it IS a stretch) given that iOS 14 isn’t even out in general release yet, but there’s literally a TON (I measured it on a scale) of great information there, including checklists, details, steps, insights, and watch-out-for-thats.
Here’s what’s all included
To get the iOS 14 mobile measurement guide
Enjoy … and let me know what else we should add!