How do you scale from nothing to everything? Or from “cockroach to unicorn?”
It was fun to be at an actual physical conference again last month. I had the pleasure of interviewing Spencer Kimball, ex-Googler and CEO of Cockroach Labs at Traction Conference in Vancouver.
And … the video just went live:
What we talked about:
- Our topic is “scaling, multiplying, thriving,” but the first step (especially now?) is survival …
- Too many users too soon is a problem. Why?
- Do you sometimes need multiple sequential MVPs?
- Key challenge from 0 to 1?
- Key challenge from 1 to 10?
- Key challenge from 10 to 100?
- How does the founder role change as you grow?
- What sucks about that?
- What’s a healthy way to manage that change in your founding team?
- Entrepreneur stress
- How do you manage it?
- How do you run the marathon?