I’ve had this web page open in a browser for the past day and a half – the Dead Simple Guide to Beating Procrastination.
Unfortunately, it didn’t offer an option to clone yourself instantly and do double work … so while I wanted to post on it, I may have procrastinated a little. The article provides 10 tips on beating procrastination.
Here are my fave 5:
- First make sure you really, really, really want to do it. Seriously – don’t skip this step.
- Keep things simple – don’t mess with tools, formatting, anything, just start.
- Find something about it that excites you.
- Put something you dread more at the top of your to-do list — you’ll put off doing that by doing the other things on your list.
- Forget about perfection. Just start doing it, and fix it later.
One proviso on number one:
If it’s not something that you really, really, really want to do, at least ensure that it’s something that you really, really, really need to do.
Want weekly updates? Of course you do …