I’ve had this web page open in a browser for the past day and a half – the Dead Simple Guide to Beating Procrastination.
Unfortunately, it didn’t offer an option to clone yourself instantly and do double work … so while I wanted to post on it, I may have procrastinated a little. The article provides 10 tips on beating procrastination.
Here are my fave 5:
- First make sure you really, really, really want to do it. Seriously – don’t skip this step.
- Keep things simple – don’t mess with tools, formatting, anything, just start.
- Find something about it that excites you.
- Put something you dread more at the top of your to-do list — you’ll put off doing that by doing the other things on your list.
- Forget about perfection. Just start doing it, and fix it later.
One proviso on number one:
If it’s not something that you really, really, really want to do, at least ensure that it’s something that you really, really, really need to do.