Install or Reinstall? 42% of Mobile App Installs Are Actually Reinstalls (And In Some Categories, It’s 75%)
Today TUNE is launching new technology to help mobile marketers understand one of the hidden secrets in the mobile app install ecosystem: a massive fraction of app installs are actually reinstalls. Those new downloads in your marketing dashboard? Many of them are actually re-downloads.
We’ve been testing and studying this phenomenon for six months while in development.
Here’s what we’re seeing:
- in some app categories, reinstall percentages are as high as 75%
- 98% of smartphone owners have reinstalled an app
- search drives 65% of all app reinstall behavior
- games are reinstalled 55% more frequently than non-game apps
- large brands own 70% of the most-reinstalled apps on the iOS App Store